Job BoardProduction Assistant
Seasonal - Full Time (now till end of September)
May lead to permanent position in the fall
Salary: $15 / hr.
To assist in production, cleaning, and packaging at MacKay’s Ice Cream production facility and to ensure that goods are produced efficiently to our high standards.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparation and Production of ice cream including lidding product (packaging) and storage.
- Ensures proper cleaning and maintenance of plant facilities (including machines, equipment, vehicles, building interior and exterior).
- Follow any SOP’s and GMP’s as trained
(Standard Operating Procedures / Good Manufacturing Processes)
- Follow any health and safety and HACCP procedures.
- Maintain high product quality standards
- Assist in quality control and tracking programs
- Provide input to help implement improvements to the production process
- Provide input to help improve processes and policies
- Meet production goals
- Package product for shipping.
- Drive / operate company reefer truck as needed for product / ingredient transport.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications or experience:
- Excellent team player
- knowledge and experience in food production or manufacturing processes and techniques
- knowledge of quality systems and standards (HACCP, SQF, BRC, FSSC etc)
- knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- knowledge of process improvement techniques, lean manufacturing principles
- knowledge of machines and tools
- solid computer skills
- MUST BE Energetic and positive
- MUST HAVE Valid driver’s license
- Physically fit to do the job. (Heavy lifting)
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing
- co-ordination and control
- time management
- attention to detail
- communication skills
- team work
- stress tolerance
- Good personal hygiene
- Vacation time will not be granted from Good Friday to Labour Day, unless previously agreed to by the Owners
- Employees must have any requested days off approved with ownership before booking them.
- Must not have any illness or infection that is communicable through food.
- No food handler may work while suffering from a gastrointestinal illness or diarrhea
Interested applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter to:
MacKay’s Cochrane Ice Cream
PO Box 250, Cochrane, AB, T4C 1A5
Attn: Plant Manager
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted